Welcome to the Utah Valley and Salt Lake Pipe Organ Encounter 2016! Pipe Organ Encounters are the most successful outreach program sponsored by the AGO.
Click here for the brochure.
The Utah POE will offer teenagers a rewarding opportunity to learn more about the pipe organ and its construction, receive instruction from experienced faculty, participate in visits to hear and play outstanding instruments on Temple Square and prominent organs in local churches, and the chance to meet and interact with peers who share a mutual interest in the “King of Instruments.”
The Utah Pipe Organ Encounter will take place July 25-30 in Salt Lake City. The POE is for teens, ages 13-18. All registrations will take place exclusively online at the AGO national website:https://www.agohq.org/education/poe/.
Please Note: Registration for the POE is done exclusively on the national AGO website, but full payment is due at the time of registration by check only. Checks are made payable to Utah Valley American Guild of Organists, with Utah POE written in the subject line. Please send your check with a copy of the payment form from the brochure or a copy of your registration receipt to:
Utah Valley AGO POE Registrar
535 E 2200 N
Provo, UT 84604
POE Registration Fee: $525
POE Early Bird Registration Fee: $450
Early Bird Registration Deadline: April 1, 2016
Final Registration Deadline: July 1, 2016
The Traditional Pipe Organ Encounter…
- Is a 4-5 day event organized by a local AGO chapter under the sponsorship of the national organization. It introduces participants to the world of the pipe organ.
- Is a national program sponsored by the American Guild of Organists. Students are admitted to POEs on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of attendance at prior POEs, and regardless of state or country of residence, as long as they meet the following eligibility guidelines: Students should be aged 13-18, be interested in the pipe organ, and have piano or organ proficiency ranging from intermediate to advanced.
- Provides an opportunity for students to have individual and group instruction in the basic rudiments of pipe organ technique and service playing.
- Provides a general overview of organ literature, history, pipe organ construction and design, improvisation and other related topics.
- Provides an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- Most of all, provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.