BYU Free Organ Music Exchange
Dear AGO colleagues:
We are pleased to welcome you to take part in The BYU Free Organ Music Exchange. This library is contained in several white crates placed above the twelve organs in the BYU Organ Lab (2217 Music Building). Having been donated by individuals who are downsizing their libraries or from estates, they are available to organists for free.
You are welcome to come to the lab, play through the scores, and take those that you or your students will use. Please do not remove them with the intent to resell. The lab door is unlocked Monday through Saturday between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., but you can stay after 6:00 p.m. if you wish. Please avoid group organ class times: MW 8-5, TTh 9-10 and 4-5, Friday 9-3.
Don Cook and Neil Harmon
BYU Organ Online Training Sessions
The BYU Organ Online Training Sessions for Entry-level Organists, Beyond the Basics Topics, and Music Theory Classes have been scheduled for the coming season. These webinars are free of charge and available to pianists and organists in any location!
The presentations will offer a pre-recorded video from 7:00-8:00 pm Mountain Time, with interactive chat with the instructor during the video, followed by a live Question & Answer session until 8:30 pm Mountain Time. Recordings of each class will be available to view for one month following the live presentation.
- Solo & Accompaniment Registration with Dr. Neil Harmon, January 4
- January Music Theory Class with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, January 11
- Prelude and Postlude Ideas with Dr. Tyler Boehmer, January 18
- Hymn Registration with Sheri Peterson, February 1
- February Music Theory Class with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, February 8
- Legato Fingering Technique with Kimberly Payne, March 7
- March Music Theory Class with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, March 14
- French Romantic Registration with Dr. Valerie Harris, March 21
- Hymn Playing with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, April 4
- April Music Theory Class with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, April 11
- Figuring out Pedaling for Hymns with Elizabeth Forsyth, May 2
- May Music Theory Class with Dr. Jacob Hofeling, May 9
- Advanced Hymn Playing with Sharee Thompson, May 16