Annual Christmas Informal Recital
December 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Start preparing a favorite or new Christmas piece to share with the chapter at our annual Christmas Informal recital. The Informal will be online this year, so we are asking you to record and upload your video to the chapter Google Drive (instructions will be given in the November newsletter). The chapter will watch the videos of the Christmas pieces together on Thursday, December 10, at 7:00 pm as a Facebook Watch Party.
How to record your video for the Christmas Informal
1. Choose the piece you would like to play. If you are looking for a new piece to try, check out free pieces, most in public domain, on IMSLP in the “Scores Featuring the Organ” and the “Scores Featuring the Organ (arr)” categories. Try a title search for “Christmas,” “Noel,” and “Carol.”
2. Submit the title and the following information about the piece as soon as possible to Miranda Wilcox at *protected email*. Please include:
- your name
- the title of the piece
- name of the composer
- the title of the volume (if you are playing a piece in a book)
- the publisher of the sheet music
- the date the sheet music was published. For example: Chloe Smith plays “Silent Night” by Jim Kasen (Christmas Postludes, Vol. 1, Jackman Music, 2004).
3. Make a video recording of you playing the Christmas piece that you would like to share with the chapter at the Christmas Informal. The videos will be shared on the chapter’s YouTube channel and a Facebook Watch Party on Thursday, December 10, at 7:00 pm.
- Here are some tips about recording on mobile devices from an AGO webinar.
- If you would like help recording your piece, please contact UVAGO board member Margo Wilcox (*protected email*).
- Please record in one of the following video formats: MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GPP.
4. After the video is ready, you will upload the recorded video to the chapter’s Google Drive account by November 23. Look for instructions in the November newsletter on how to upload your video.