- This event has passed.
Bach & Baroque Recital
March 31 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 pm
BAROQUE PIECES & CHAPTER PERFORMERS
The UVAGO will hold its annual Bach recital virtually in March 2021. We hope you will share a recording of your performance of a piece by Bach or any chorale prelude or other piece by another Baroque composer. Please upload your piece onto the chapter’s Google Drive following the instructions below by March 15. A recital playlist will be made public on the chapter’s YouTube channel on Bach’s birthday, March 31.
- Make a video recording of you playing the piece by Bach or another Baroque composer that you would like to share with the chapter.
- Here are some tips about recording on mobile devices from an AGO webinar.
- If you would like help recording your piece, please contact UVAGO board member Margo Wilcox ().
- If you would like to record your piece on the Bigelow Opus 16 tracker organ at the Provo Central Stake Center, please contact Laura Pettersson () to make arrangements.
- Please record in one of the following video formats: MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GPP.
- After the video is ready, you will upload the recorded video to the chapter’s Google Drive account by March 15. Once you’ve uploaded your video to the chapter’s Google Drive account, DeeAnn Stone will upload it to the chapter’s YouTube channel.
How to upload the recorded video from a computer or smartphone to your personal Google Drive account.
1. Upload the recorded video from a computer or smartphone to your personal Google Drive account.
2. Access your Google Drive account and go to “My Drive” or “Recent.”
3. Find and select the uploaded video file. Before you share the file to the chapter’s Google Drive account, be sure to rename the file how you want it to appear at YouTube. Find and click “Share.”
4. When the box comes up that says “Share with people and groups,” type (or copy and paste) in the area that says “Add people and groups.”
5. In the description caption, please include your name, the composer, the title of the piece you recorded, and the BWV number (if you are playing a piece by Bach, and if you know it). Then click the post button.
We look forward to hearing your piece on YouTube!