Highland Central Stake Center, 5853 West 10400 North, Highland, Utah
ORGAN CONCERT | FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH | 7:00 PM
ORGAN TRAINING | SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH | 8:00 AM
Three Tracks Available at the Training on Saturday:
- Youth – Experience the Organ!
- How To – How to be confident at the organ with the basics
- Beyond the Basics – More advanced training
These single-day organ workshops are sponsored through the BYU Organ Department and endorsed by the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Inform your piano and organ students, along with adult and youth organists and pianists in your circle of influence to attend one of the workshops. Registration is free!
About the Workshops
The BYU multi-stake organ workshops are designed to offer training to pianists interested in learning to play the organ and to organists at every level of experience. The single-day workshops, together with a recital and hymn-sing the evening before, are customized to meet the needs of the specific geographic areas, including up to three sessions every hour on topics such as:
- Introducing the Organ! A Tour of the King of Instruments
- On the Bench: Things YOU Can Do On the Organ TODAY!
- Choosing Stops to Fit the Occasion
- Inspiring Hymn Playing
- Effective Prelude and Postlude
- Teaching LDS Organists
- Developing Your Pedal Technique
- Coping with Challenging Pedal Parts
- Making the Most of Your Practice Time
- Learning Organ on Your Own
- Free (optional) mini organ lessons
NEW: There is now a special track of classes for youth and young adults!
The goal is to inspire musicians, young and old, to better serve through continued organ training. Instructors include BYU faculty and graduate student instructors, along with well-qualified local organists.